Location: Dallas, Texas or Remote
Job Type: Full-Time
Looking for an agency with an entrepreneurial spirit that’s on the fast-track to growth? Do you like surrounding yourself with a tenacious, whip-smart team, with the freedom to lead in your day to day role?
Idea Grove is a boutique, unified public relations and marketing agency based in Dallas and serving B2B technology clients across the nation. We work with established brands like Amazon and Stanford, along with emerging companies in cutting-edge technology sectors like e-commerce, AI, machine learning, educational technology and more. We help clients win by orchestrating high-profile, integrated programs that drive business growth. It’s our belief that great ideas can come from anywhere and anyone, and that the contributions of individual, diverse voices are what make our collective voice strong and unique. This is why inclusion, diversity, and equity is at the forefront of our company goals and team growth.
Driving this are the core values embodied by each and every team member:
We’re looking for an experienced PR Manager to develop media and executive visibility strategies and lead execution that keeps our clients relevant with top media and influencers. In this role, you will be tasked with developing strategic PR campaigns, overseeing PR activities on multiple accounts and remaining on the lookout for new opportunities to drive clients’ business objectives through results-driven PR programs. Although this role has a strong emphasis on media relations, we expect you to track the evolving PR landscape and keep your finger on the pulse of what’s next in paid, earned shared and owned media. Our ideal candidate is a strong leader and mentor with the ability to guide direct reports’ professional growth.
With a location-independent workforce, we’re open to hiring remotely throughout the United States.
- Guide media strategies and counsel clients regarding best practices, proactive opportunities and programmatic recommendations
- Regularly develop compelling pitches and generate media coverage for clients in top-tier business, technology, financial, and industry trade media
- Ability to quickly grasp business issues/trending news topics and connect the dots to create timely media opportunities for clients
- Lead SME interviews and develop strong PR narratives using clients’ unique perspectives
- Maintain strong working relationships with target media
- Manage multiple media relations projects for various clients, delivering results on time and on budget
- Convey complex information around issues, adeptly dealing with difficult media situations
- Immerse yourself in clients’ industries, brands and past media coverage
- Mentor and support junior team members (in addition to direct reports), offering timely feedback to drive both client and employee success
- Monitor team bandwidth and address resource allocation needs to ensure deadlines are being met
- Contribute strategic ideas for new business proposals and participate in presentations to prospective clients
- Demonstrate knowledge across Idea Grove’s offerings and identify opportunities to upsell PR clients on those services
- Bring a positive attitude to both internal and external engagement, leading by example
- Exemplify Idea Grove’s core values: Creativity, Respect, Energy, Accountability, Teamwork and Empathy
- 5+ years of media relations experience, ideally for enterprise and/or B2B technology clients
- BA/BS in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing PR programs, managing execution and tracking against KPIs
- Excellent writing skills and knowledge of AP style, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials including: communications plans, PR messaging, press materials, trend analysis summaries and presentations
- Experience placing bylined articles and op-eds
- Flawless execution and management of public relations plans
- Ability to effectively oversee and maintain standard of quality for multiple accounts
- Collaborative working and communication style
- Ability to effectively navigate difficult conversations with direct reports, peers and leadership to maintain and improve performance
- Knowledge of top-tier business, technology and trade media, and well-developed skills in building and maintaining media relationships
- Experience securing national media coverage
- Strong understanding of social media and how it drives brand visibility and media/influencer relationships
- Proficiency in media monitoring and reporting
- Ability to manage relationships with both colleagues and clients from a place of compassion
Please be prepared to provide:
Interested in applying?
- References that include a past or current manager, past or current direct report, past or current client, and journalist or influence you have worked with in the past
- Writing samples
- PR campaign examples
Please submit your cover letter and resume. To support a hiring process free of unconscious bias, we kindly request you not include a headshot in your application.