Research has shown that even internal departments within an organization can rarely articulate their company’s brand position. The Idea Grove’s “Brand in 60 Seconds” methodology helps you to define and differentiate your brand in a way that resonates powerfully with customers, prospects, shareholders and employees.
The Discovery Process
We start by gaining an understanding of where your brand is now, and where you would like it to go. We obtain answers to key strategic questions, such as:
- What are my business objectives and expectations for my brand?
- How is my brand currently perceived?
- What are the assets and liabilities of my brand or brand portfolio?
- What are competing brands’ strengths and weaknesses?
- What are my market-share objectives?
- Who are my target audiences?
- What are my current and potential sales channels?
- What does success for my brand look like, over the near and long term?
With this knowledge as our foundation, the Idea Grove works with you to build a brand platform that frames your story in a concise, compelling way for the audiences you need to win over to succeed.
A centerpiece of our process is a half-day workshop with your company’s senior management, marketing department and/or communications department, during which we facilitate a focused discussion of your brand and reach consensus on key elements of the brand platform, including:
- Brand essence and personality
- Positioning statement
- Industry-specific messaging
- Messaging for customer segments
- Messaging for news media
- Messaging for investors, employees and other key audiences
The “Brand in 60 Seconds” process culminates in a comprehensive, visually dynamic deliverable summarizing our research and analysis, the discussion and decisions made during the workshop, and our final recommendations for all elements of your brand platform. The document can then be further refined before presentation to senior management or other internal audiences.